Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect the output of a BNC cable as a differential input to the SCB-68 block connector?

The output of a BNC cable has two lines, one for my voltage data and one for the ground. I would like to use the differential input mode of the SCB-68 connector block and i m not sure if i have to connect the ground to AI0 and the voltage to AI7 or the opposite, and also what is the name of this channel when i have to configure it using Labview. The DAQ card i m using is the 6036E.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,805 Views)
Hi,

Because it just measures the potetial difference between the 2 pins it does not really matter. i would stick with the +ve going to the first channel of the pairing and then the -ve going to the second. You then have to go into Measurement & Automation explorer and create a virtual channel. In here you right click data neighbourhood and create channel....go through the steps, I.E analog input, device type, input type as just a voltage....and then on one of the later screens it tells you the exact pins to connect the wires to and gives you the option to select RSE NRSE or differential input type....as you change the connection type the pins guidance changes accordingly. its quite straight fwd and very easy to follow using this wizard.

Cheers

Lee
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,805 Views)