From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DAQ C/C++ interface

Hi,

Are there any tutorials and/or code examples about how to use the C/C++ wrapper for DAQmxBase ?

I made my software under LabView, but I now need to create a GUI-less application in C/C++ to make measurement from my DAQ Hardware.
Working under linux, i don't have Visual C++ or such editors, but just a simple text-editor.

As an example, i wish to do something like : "to print in console the voltage on AI0 every 5 seconds."

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,604 Views)
I joined here the VI that I'd like to "translate" in C, but with no gui (like no graph, or so...), I just want to use the stdoutput to print the pulse count.

I'm developping under GNU/Linux using a simple Text Editor (gedit) and gcc.

Where can I find the file to import all necessary functions (I only found NIDAQmxBase.h) ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,590 Views)
I don't know where everything is installed on a Linux system, but on my Macintosh there are lots of C programming examples installed along with the header file and the lsdaq and mxbaseconfig applications. I would assume you have those examples, you just have to figure out where they are.
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,578 Views)