Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem with controlling two stepper motors individually

Hi. The problem is, if I want to deaccelerate one of them, while I want the other to go a bit further before i starts to deacc. In labview the whole program waits for a timer to run out, and then start execute the next step in the program. But i want to controll the pulses of the motors individually, without distrurbenses of the other.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,460 Views)
Andre,

This seems like a job for multi-threading. You need to control each motor in a different thread, so they can be doing different things at different times without interacting.

In CVI you make use of the Multithreading library functions, and in Labview I assume you use some sort of multithreading VI (I don't use Labview so can't help much). Both environments will have a shipping example that will get you started.

Good luck

Jamie Fraser
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,460 Views)

@Andre 8 wrote:
Hi. The problem is, if I want to deaccelerate one of them, while I want the other to go a bit further before i starts to deacc. In labview the whole program waits for a timer to run out, and then start execute the next step in the program. But i want to controll the pulses of the motors individually, without distrurbenses of the other.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,994 Views)