Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware timed loop locking up

I'm using a similar configuration as in the example "Analog IO Control Loop(hw timed).vi with the exception that I'm not using any Analog outputs. I'm just running a hardware timed loop for analog input only. I have a AI S-scan.vi in a WHILE loop. AI CONFIG and AI START are outside the loop as is AI CLEAR. I have AI START configured to (800) the number of scans to take and a scan rate of 10 per second. AICONFIG set to 0 buffers. Once the scans are completed and my iterations reach 800 I cause the loop to end and read the data stored in an array. The problem I'm having is that after reaching 800 iterations the loop ends but the AI S-SCAN.vi just sits there with a green arrow over the top of it Viewing with Highlight execution enabled. I cannot stop the VI application and have to use a Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of labview. I wish to use hardware timing to control the loop and terminate it after it reaches 800 samples.

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,447 Views)
Sorry, I have figured this out myself. I needed to set AI-START "number of scans to 0" (not 800) and just stop the loop after 800 iterations.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,444 Views)