From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error -200361 after start/stop of the data acquisition (USB-6009), DAQmx 9.2.2

3 usb ports with version is 2.0

no external hub or any naother usb device attached to the computer .

i am using Bgao program but still showing the same error

i am using the bgaos code and still getting the same error

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(1,435 Views)

Hey everyone,

I am a grad student overseeing student groups working with the USB-6009 in MATLAB through the session-based interface of the data acquisition toolbox.

A bunch of them are having problems similar to what has been described here. When troubleshooting each group, I go into their computer's Measurement & Automation explorer and attempt to read data (say 100 samples at 1000 samples/sec). It runs successfully three times or so, and then it craps out giving the 200361 error due to buffer overflow. It then stops working until I unplug their DAQ and replug it in to their machine.

Is there any way I can set the USB transfer request count property through the measurement and automation explorer? Or something that isn't Labview?

FYI everyone is using MATLAB r2012a, windows 7 64 bit, and DAQmx 9.5.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(1,383 Views)

Hi Dj Bucci,

I do not believe this particular workaround works for the Measurement and Automation Explorer.

The workaround that John posted here requires access to the lower-level DAQmx API, which is not available in the Measurement and Automation Explorer.

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(1,356 Views)

Yea that's what I thought.

As far MATLAB goes, I don't think their Data Acquisition toolbox is updated to be able to set this either. The only way I could forsee setting this value in MATLAB would be to directly interface with the DAQmx C library through MATLAB...at which point it wouldn't really make sense for me to use MATLAB.

Oh well. Hopefully MATLAB updates their data acq toolbox to include this option soon.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(1,351 Views)

Hallo!

Sry for bringing up this topic again, but I need your help. I use the USB-6009 with the newest drivers. I got the errormessage after starting and stopping measurements and I need to disconnect the device before I can start a new succsessful measurement.

I cannot use the posted workaround because I do not use Labview.

Is there any workaround for Dasylab or ths MAX?

Hope for help.

Thanks a lot and bye!

Hilby

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(1,229 Views)

Hi everyone,

I need to record and log some voltages using NI-USB-6009 with LabVIEW SignalExpress (2012) running on a windows 7 core i5 laptop.  When I run the program with just Acquiring Analog Voltage on one or two analog ports it works fine and I can actually see the waveforms on the DataView tab.  However, I cannot run a playback of these waveforms.  Adding a step to Save the waveform (to both .txt / .lvm) in the Monitor/Record Work Area results in Error -200361 which halts my program.  Adding the Save to ASCII/LVM step in the Playback work area sometimes works, but the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter please ? Is it a bug related to Windows 7 & this device? or has the bug been fixed ?

any help will be really appreciated! thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(1,083 Views)

aabd

The 6009 has a small onboard FIFO, and USB communication is inherently slower than other protocols.  Depending on your sampling rate, these two facts can cause the device to be very sensitive to any latency on your system.  Running other programs or the occurance of general UI actions while it is sampling at higher rates can interrupt data transfer long enough to overflow the 6009's small buffer.  Logging could potentially have similar effects on the acquisition.

What is your sampling rate?  Are there any other programs running or tasks using significant system resources when you take your measurements?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(1,069 Views)