From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating constant voltage output using analog output channel

Hi,

Please find attached VI, I am trying to generate 5V constant voltage output(to trigger a digital input of some other controller - not using as a power source) using an analog output channel of PXI 6723. What I get at the output terminal is 2.5V, that is the half of the set voltage. I measured at ai0 of PXI 6723. Can someone tell me what is wrong with attached VI?

I am using LabVEIW 2014.

Thank you

Adarsh

Adarsh
CLA - Certified LabVIEW

Architect
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/4871da75-1b8b-422a-a881-9ab206d2d36d/public_url
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,836 Views)

First of all, why not just get a DAQ board that has standard DIO on it?  Then you just output a TRUE or a FALSE.

What exactly are you trying to send this voltage to?  It looks like your device is trying to sink 10mA.  The 6723 can only output 5mA per channel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,832 Views)

I know a DIO card will do the job of feeding 5V. I have some other reason to use an AO to feed digital input of the unit under test(In some other test I will ramp up the voltage from 0 to 6V and record in what voltage digital input of the unit under test turns ON). Everything is taken care, the device is not loading the AO channel.

Please note I measured 2.5V when there was no device connected.

Thank you

Adarsh

Adarsh
CLA - Certified LabVIEW

Architect
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/4871da75-1b8b-422a-a881-9ab206d2d36d/public_url
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,827 Views)

Can any one please help me with this?

Adarsh
CLA - Certified LabVIEW

Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,737 Views)

Hello Adarsh,

I recommend starting with the Voltage – On Demand Output example found in the example finder under Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Analog Output. You can select multiple channels from the physical channels control by clicking the drop down arrow and then holding the ctrl button on your keyboard while clicking on the channels you want to use. Then you can set the output values for each channel. As the loop on the block diagram iterates, the VI will write whatever values are currently in the output control.

You should be able to set the channels to 5V using this example. You can then copy this example into a new VI and edit it to include the sample clock requirements you need for you application. But this example is a nice starting point.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,719 Views)