Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing PC-DIO-24

f I expand 'Traditional NI-DAQ Devices' in MAX and select 'Test Panels' for the 'PC-DIO-24 (Device 1)', I get an error stating: "The device is not responding to the selected base address. Would you like to continue anyway?"

The Windows Device Manager shows that the PC-DIO-24 card is working properly. The Input/Output Range is 0x210 - 0x213 and the Interrupt Request is 5. The

operating system that I am using is Windows 2000, Service Pack 4.

Do you know how I can fix this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,422 Views)
Hello ECM,

The problem that you are having is generally a difficult one to isolate. One troubleshooting step that usually works is to manually uninstall it (not from the computer), but within device manager. There should be an option that says uninstall when you have the device selected in device manager. I would then recommend trying to reinstall the device also within device manager. Since you're device is not PNP, then you may actually have to manually uninstall it from the computer to get a fresh start similar to a PNP device.

If this does not work, then you should try the device in other computers to see whether the problem follows the device. Of course make sure that you have the latest acceptable version of the driver installed on any of the machines before installing the device. I would recommend calling in to support if the problem is following the device since it's likely that you may require an repair. If this is the case, then you may also want to consider purchasing a newer device than the PC-DIO-24. I don't know the application so this might not even be an option for you. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Also, if the device was working before but now is not, what changed? Did you install a new device to the machine, change an address, etc? There have been issues before where 3rd party devices installed at the same time as a NI board would cause the NI board to report this error.

Best of luck.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,420 Views)