Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute different DAQmx tasks based on DAQmx output buffer index

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner labview=>DAQmx user and i run into the following problem/challenge;

I am sending a array of data (signal) to a USB DAQmx device, and i want to switch two powersupply outputs based on a certain output index of the signal. I would like to be able to realtime control the index numbers at which the power supply is switch on/off. I currently can controll the power supply manual from the front panel but want to build in the option to set this to automatic. It is a single power supply that is controlled, but it can be set over 2 channels (-25V and +25V) to power 2 active divices.

I current can think of the following methods to solve this but i am not sure how to do this;

-Request (from within a while loop with a short loop time) the current buffer output index from DAQmx and send command to producer loop when a certain output buffer index is reached.

-Chop the signal that i am using into sections and write every section simultanious with other command, i think this is not a neat solution.

The timing of the power supply does not have to be on the ms correct but within 100ms would be nice.

Thank you for reading;

I am looking forward to your reply

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,412 Views)