Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 88705 with a USB-6366 DAQ

Hi Carmen

I did as you told me, uninstalled ALL NI -  software, booted, manually deleted everything the uninstall left over (Registry keys and Files), booted again, installed the software (9.2.2 as this is the release i need to work together with Matlab), booted again and tested.

The result is still the same. In the forum link you provided they described the problem as "the device does not show up in MAX", however my device does show up in MAX, it just can't read the Serial number (always displays 0x0) and the selftest fails with 88705. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35
(3,061 Views)

Well, since it is not a hardware problem (you were able to pass the self-test in other computer) I am pretty sure that the issue is not NI related. So you should compare both PC configurations (the compute in which your DAQ passed the self-test and the computer in which the self-test does not pass)

For the moment is all that I have. It is really complicated to solve this kind of problems remotely

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(3,058 Views)

Thanks for your help and patience Carmen.

Well of course i could "compare" the two setups, but where to start?

I might end up just reinstall windows from scratch and then install NI, test it and install the other software one after another and 

always check if if NI still works. Still i would prefer to know what the root of the issue is since i can't reinstall windows whenever a software stops working.

"I am pretty sure that the issue is not NI related"

-->What makes you think so? The only device and software which is not working comes from NI.

It's probably a compatibility issue between several devices / softwares, I agree.

I am in contact with the NI-Support now, however they did not figure out the reason for the issue until now.

Ideas what to test or other inputs are very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(3,057 Views)

When I say "not NI related" I mean, that something coming from USB settings (control panel, registers..) could be the source. 

Hope you can solve your problem soon. 

I you find a solution, please post here to, so others can be helped too.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(3,054 Views)

Ben,

Your Hardware Ids are correct and your LED behavior sounds correct, so I'm pretty sure it's not a firmware update issue.  Thanks for checking on that for me.

Two other things I'd be curious about.

1) If you open a command prompt, and type 'net start niraptrk' what happens?

2) Can create a simulated version of your device in MAX?  If so, can you use test panels to interact with the device?

Since your hardware appears to be correctly identified, I'm trying to establish whether or not there is an issue getting certain software components loaded.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35
(3,049 Views)

Hi Dan

1)

net start niraptrk answers:

"The requested service has already been started".

net stop niraptrk answers:

"The niraptrk service is stopping........"

"The niraptrk service could not be stopped"

2) Yes, the simulated version of teh device works fine in MAX (passes selftest and plots data in testpanel).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35
(3,047 Views)

Ben,

Very strange... It sounds like all software components can be loaded.  I'll try to see if I can dig up a debug utility or two that might help point us in the right direction (not sure if I'll come up with anything here).

I did want to go back to the LED behavior you see, as I think I may have missed a clue in your response.  When I plug a 6366 in, I see both ready and active LEDs turn on for 4 or 5 seconds after which the active LED turns off.  You said on the machine which fails this LED turns off pretty much immediately, correct?  This does not sound like correct behavior.

What happens when you 'Reset Device' in MAX?

Sorry I don't have any solid answers for you at this point, I'm hoping to at least understand at what point we're failing.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(3,041 Views)

Ben,

I sent you a PM pointing you to a couple of debug tools which I hope will provide us better information about your error.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(3,033 Views)

Just curious, are you using USB 3.0?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(2,999 Views)

There is a USB3.0 Port in the system, but i use a 2.0 Port. Seems the USB3.0 is not the Problem as disabling said ports doesn't change anything. 

I continue debugging this with the help of McDan (or the other way round, actually). I will post here when we were able to resolve the issue or i gave up. For the moment i'm busy with other projects having strict deadlines. 

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(2,990 Views)