From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6 occurred at TDMS Close

Hi ALL,

I'm using USB-6343 for both Digital and Analog measurement at the same time.

1) 16 digital inputs, I do the measurement in parallel and use queue. One side I'm non-stop collecting input data, on the other side I process data and do the TDMS logging.

2) 16 analog inputs, I use a for-loop for them cause I need a high sampling rate. Also I use queue and do the TDMS logging.

For the programming, it can run for some time sometimes, but also very often I can get following 2 errors. Can anyone give me help about this?? Many thanks.

1)

Error 6 occurred at TDMS Close in DI_data_log.vi:1680015->DI_wave_demulti.vi->Fan_OVEN_Test.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Generic file I/O error.

2)

Error 8 occurred at TDMS Open in DI_data_log.vi:1680015->DI_wave_demulti.vi->Fan_OVEN_Test.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,848 Views)

You are constantly opening and closing your TDMS files.  That can cause all kinds of issues, escpecially as much as you are writing.  You should open the files once before the loops and then close them once after the loop.  You can then write as much as you want inside of the loop.

You are doing the same thing to your analog reads.  You really should set up your analog input task before going into the While loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,840 Views)