From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -50103 at DAQmx start task on cDAQ-9174 with 9361

Solved!
Go to solution

Hopefully this is the appropriate forum. I'm trying to sample data from an angular encoder and photoswitch on a 9361 module. When I run the sub-VI (RR velocity+slip tasks) that creates and configures the tasks there are no issues but when I try to run it in my larger program I get the dreaded error -50103. I've tried un-reserving the one task before starting the other but that only seems to work the first time the program executes. I've reviewed this knowledgebase article and believe I'm not running into those issues unless I'm missing some sort of implicit overlap in devices or routes.

Snippet and VIs attached. The "counters+loop" VI is a simplified top-level VI where I can get the error to occur. I'd greatly appreciate anyone being able to point out my stupidity.

Tasks+loop snippet.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,996 Views)

Hi Johnnyfear,

I think your resource conflict is occuring around sample clocks. You have defined two tasks to refernce the same /RR_cDAQ/di/SampleClock, but with different timing parameters. The first task called, in this case "Velocity" will reserve this sample clock. It can still be used down the pipeline in other tasks; however, they have to have the same timing configurations. You can test if this is the issue by sharing the timing source between the two tasks without changing the timing paramenters. You can use the DAQmx Timing property node as a read to get the "Velocity" task's timing source.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnnyfear

Thanks for the help, Letitsnow, and sorry for the slow reply (poorly-timed vacation). Turns out the 9361 can only run one task at a time (source), so I'm working on whether to combine channels in one task and downsample later or expand my chassis and add a 9401.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,875 Views)