Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -223805 when trying to add 9181 chassis in MAX

I have a 9181 eDAQ chassis (1-slot) that I'm trying to load into MAX on a computer.  Everytime I go to "Add Device" it gives me the following error:

9181Error.JPG

I've tried two different modules in the chassis (9421 and 9476) and tried another chassis to no avail.  I've even tried upgrading the firmware on the chassis to version 1.2, still no luck.  Anyone else had this issues with these chassis?  I've been using the 9188s for a while with no problems but this is my first turn with the single slots.

Randy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,765 Views)

Hey Randy-

That error can present itself when the version of the host driver software (NI-DAQmx) doesn't support the chassis you are attempting to Add.  I'll assume you are using a version of NI-DAQmx 9.2.x (like 9.2.0 or 9.2.3).  Is this correct?

The error has existed for a while for other networked devices, but, as you can tell, it is not particularly user-friendly.  We added a more helpful error beginning in NI-DAQmx 9.3 to help avoid confusion for future users, but you were so ahead of the curve with your cDAQ-9188 that you are lucky enough to see that error now (pardon the sarcasm Smiley Wink ).

The cDAQ-9181 chassis was first supported in NI-DAQmx 9.3, and the cDAQ-9191 chassis was first supported in NI-DAQmx 9.4.  You can use that version or any newer version to support your chassis.  This page is kept up-to-date with compatible device, driver, and firmware versions for cDAQ network chassis and NI-DAQmx.

If this is not your issue and you are in fact using a newer version of NI-DAQmx, please let me know so that I can try to offer more help.

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,762 Views)