Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 201401 when Add Device on cDAQ-9188

JamesLM,

Sorry, but I do not know the specific settings that were causing my problem.  I was experiencing this problem when trying to connect directly from my PC to the chassis via ethernet cable.  I did not get this to work.  Instead, I put both my PC and chassis on the network and the problem went away.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it got the job done.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,602 Views)

Hello,

I know it has been a while since this thread was active but I seem to be experiencing the same issue. When I try to connect to my cDAQ-9189 via ethernet cable directly to my computer, it is discoverable in MAX but gives error 201401 when I try to add it as a device. The same cDAQ and ethernet cable combination works on my coworker's computer without an issue and furthermore, I can view and add an older cDAQ-9184 in MAX without an issue on my computer, so the issue appears to be isolated to this cDAQ and my computer.  I have tried the other suggestions in this tread and also gone through the cDAQ connection troubleshooting guide and am at my wits end. Does anyone have additional suggestions for tackling this connection issue?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,412 Views)

Hello,

Could you double check your version of DAQmx? For the cDAQ-9189 you will need DAQmx 17.1. Please let me know if updating helps. 

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
Message 13 of 16
(1,395 Views)

Thank you! I was running 17.0 and thought it was up to date enough. Switching to NI-DAQ mx 17.1 allowed me to add the device.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,390 Views)

Great! I'm glad you got it working!

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,386 Views)

Sorry for reactivating this ancient thread, but I'm stuck with the same problem.

I followed the steps in the User manual

I can see the NI-cDAQ-9188-189EA04 in MAX(17.5.), I got the IP-adress, but when I click on "Add-device" I get error 201401.
I run NI-DAQmx Device Driver 17.6.

I followed "Troubleshooting Network cDAQ Connectivity Issues". Power light is green and that the status light is off.

I tried setting a static IP on my Network card.

Entering the ip in the browser leads me to "install Silverlight" which my Admin refuses to install.

Factory resetting the chassis fails at the point where I run the "Recovery Utility". It requires "Labview Runtime 2011" but I have 2017 already installed and I don't know how to uninstall 2017.

My next step would be to factory reset my workstation.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(223 Views)