Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200324 when looping DAQmx read

Hi,

This error comes from TestStand BatchModel but it concerns about  DAQmx Read (Digital Bool 1Line 1Point).vi.

I loop that vi (see attachment daqerror3.png) during the test. This error happens either after the test is over or at the beginning of the test. I'm wondering if there is something which interferes with it? Difficulty is that it does not occur every time. It is random.
Any ideas?

I had Traditional DAQ installed but I removed it. No help.

Regards,
Jick

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,391 Views)

Jick,

Sounds like you are probably trying to access the same resource (digital line) at the same time between two of your parallel executions. You might considering use a Lock Step in TestStand to lock that resource so not other resources try and access it at the same time.

You might try running just 1 up and see if the error goes away, if so, the error is probably just because that resource is trying to be accessed by two executions at the same time.

I'm also assuming the VI works fine if you run it independently of TestStand?

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
Message 2 of 7
(4,375 Views)

That is worth of trying. But how to do that? I am not familiar with locks.

I tried to use synchronization property (Use Lock to Allow Only One Thread at a Time to Execute the Step) (for step which calls "daqerror3.png") but it does not help. Vi (daqerror3.PNG) is probably not called from anywhere else but DaqMX Read (which is inside "daqerror3.png) might be called from somewhere at the same time. How to ensure that all vis inside are locked during the execution of that step?

BR,
Jick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,369 Views)

Look at the TestStand example on locks, should give you a good example to use in your program. It's under TestStand 20XX » Examples » Synchronization, LockDemo.seq.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
Message 4 of 7
(4,367 Views)

Ok, I tried to lock the error causing step but no help ... Any other ideas?

BR,
Jick

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,358 Views)

Jick,

You will need to lock / unlock any steps that use that DAQmx digital resource, are there other steps in your sequence that use it? You can also take an I/O Trace Capture and look at what commands are being sent to the DAQ card.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
Message 6 of 7
(4,350 Views)

Hi,

I solved the problem. There was DAQmx reset in one process which caused the error. Thanks for help!

Jick

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,306 Views)