Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200284 ocurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:2930001

Hi,

I was trying to run the Finite Measurement DAQ-mx template project, but sometimes when i want to acquire signals from a NI cDAQ-9172, i get this error: "Error -200284 ocurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:2930001".

error.PNG

The part of the code responsible for the acquisition can be found at "Acquire Data from Hardware.vi":

Capturar.PNG

I remeber using the same code in Labview 2013 and it worked just fine. Rigth now i have Labview 2014 and DAQmx driver installed.

What could be the problem?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,826 Views)

How much is sample and sample rate? Which analog card are you using?

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,809 Views)

I'm using a cDAQ-9172 with one NI 9215 module.

As for the sample rate and number of samples per channel, i've used 10000Hz and 5000 samples. I've tried different values, but i keep getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,806 Views)

How much time out you have kept in analog read VI?

What is your application? I mean are you continuously aquiring?

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,785 Views)

If you are only using 1 channel, you should be using the 1 Channel N Sample Waveform instance of the DAQmx Read.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,778 Views)

I'm using the applicattion included in the attachment to do a finite acquisition.

I've tried to acquire 5000 samples from 2 signals at 10kHz.

This error does not happens all the time. The first time i make an acquisition, i get this error, but in the next attemps the error appears to be random.

I also experimented with higher frequencies and lower number of samples, but the error continues to appear.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,733 Views)

I have the same problem with elvis II, How I can understand the problem is the buffer size of the device. It won't flush measurement via USB port, and gives this error after a time. I think solution can be emptying buffer frequently

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,126 Views)