cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200279

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey!

I try to logg and also show data in a chart! However, it only runs when I remove the chart. Otherwise I get the error: 

Error -200279 : 

Possible reason(s):

Attempted to read samples that are no longer available. The requested sample was previously available, but has since been overwritten.

Increasing the buffer size, reading the data more frequently, or specifying a fixed number of samples to read instead of reading all available samples might correct the problem.

It seems that the initialization of the chart is too slow and data is already lost when its ready to run.

How should I build the system up otherwise?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,620 Views)

This error occurs because samples have been overwritten by the DAQ card, may this can help u.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB7D4CA85967804586257380006F0E62?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,588 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NIgery

1.  Get rid of the Wait that is inside of your loop.

2.  Remove the "Samples to Read" control and leave that input to the DAQmx Timing unwired.  Since you are using Continuous Samples, all you are doing is limiting the buffer size.

3.  You don't need to check for the Task Done.  You are using continuous mode, so it will never be done until you stop it.

4.  You might want to read more than 1 sample at a time.  Change your DAQmx Read to be 1 Channel Multiple Samples.  You then should specify how many samples you want to collect.

Here's a cleaned up version of your VI that I did really quick.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,574 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,570 Views)