Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enumerate number of available DMA channels using .NET Daqmx API

Solved!
Go to solution

It is well know that if you have e.g. multiple CI tasks and you try to run them on a board featuring a limited number of DMA channels (e.g. the PCI 6601) that you have to resort to Interrupts for data transfer.

In my application I am currently offering the option for users to either select DMA for all tasks or Interrupts on the UI in function of their hardware.

However, I would like to autodetect the number of available DMA channels (because some users have no clue what DMA is and hence will complain).

I looked through the .NET API docs, thinking I could get any device from Daqsystem.local and get a property on the device that would tell me the number of DMA channels.

However, I could find no such property or I missed something, who can give me a definitve answer?

Cheers,

Kris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,068 Views)

Nobody??

Not even NI people? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,042 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KrisJa

Hello Kris,

The Ni employees are still alive, but I had some pc issues I had to fix first. 🙂

(I didn't ant to update Windwos and Windows gave me script errors 😉 )

Are you by any chance looking for the following property?

NumberOfDmaChannels

You should be able to find more info about it by just searching for that property name "NumberOfDmaChannels" in the NI-DAQmx .NET Class Library Help:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/A524F72316C798B986257BC800682351

Please let us know if this is what you were looking for.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 3 of 3
(3,033 Views)