Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter BIOS on cDAQ Controller running WES7

I am pulling out my hair trying to get a cDAQ-9132 (WES7) to boot into the BIOS screen (so I can boot via CD to reinstall the OS).

After 60 minutes of trying (yes, 60 minutes!) I was able to successful in doing this but I was quite irate so I created a support ticket with NI.  NI is trying to help but hasn't heard of this problem before.

I tried everything possible that I and NI can think of...definitely timing related.  In the process, I found:

-no BIOS boot screen (see more detail below)

-no prompt to press F10 to enter BIOS (see more detail below)

-pressing F10 to enter BIOS results in not booting the OS and the display of a black screen (if the magic timing of pressing F10 to enter BIOS didn't happen)

-pressing F10 anywhere from 3 seconds after reset to 15 seconds, with a step size of 250 msec (timed as well as I could with gray matter)

Oddly, the very first time I reset the CMOS, I DID get a BIOS boot screen and prompt to press F10, so I entered the BIOS, configured the BIOS to boot from the DVD, and reinstalled WES7. Removing power from the cDAQ resulted in the cDAQ NOT booting from the DVD, and have been unable to get the cDAQ into the BIOS no matter what (BIOS boot screen is no where to be seen), even after numerous CMOS resets.

Anyone else have problems entering the BIOS on a cDAQ running WES7?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,452 Views)

Hi labviewman,

I don't have many ideas, but these are the things I would check:

- try the DEL button instead of F10

- disconnect the DVD drive and all other devices apart from keyboard and monitor

- try a different keyboard

Those are all long shots but I have seen weirder things work 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,416 Views)

Hi stockson!

I tried all of them, except for the keyboard swap...will try and find one to test.

Thanks for the suggestions....

Todd

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,412 Views)