Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the E-Series DAQ cards require a 3.3V PCI bus or a 5V PCI bus?

We are using a PCI-6036E and are thinking about upgrading our platform [LabVIEW is just about maxing out the CPU at this point].

It occurred to me that I didn't know whether the PCI-6036E is designed for a 5V or a 3.3V PCI bus. I searched, and couldn't find much; on document page 241 [PDF page 8] of this PDF document

http://www.ni.com/pdf/products/us/4daqsc202-204_ETCx2_212_213.pdf

there is a table that talks about the PCI-6036E requiring 0.9A at +5VDC, which would tend to support the idea that it does indeed need a 5V PCI bus.

Does anyone have a link to the official specs on this card that would say, definitively, "yeah or nay" to the idea of a 3.3V PCI bus? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,139 Views)
Hello,

This is a good question. The answer is that it depends. Originally all of our E Series boards only supported 5V PCI buses. Now, almost all of them support 3.3V and 5V buses. However, the manuals are not split up by revisions of the DAQ boards, so it only specifies a 5V line. The best rule of thumb is that the 5V only boards do not have ability to fit into a 3.3V bus, it should need an indentation that it does not have.

Does this answer your question? A new PCI-6036E will work with either bus.

Best regards,

Justin T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,139 Views)