From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do NI-DAQmx Channel Information Files Exist?

As the NI-DAQmx base drivers do not contain any C API calls to retrieve the physical DAQmx channels of a device connected to my system, does there exist any DAQmx information files that could be parsed to fetch this information instead?
While I am aware that the non-base NI-DAQmx drivers (and in conjunction Labview) expose system property nodes that can query the device for the information I require, this is not a solution for the current project as we plan to use our DAQ device with a Linux system.

Any help our pointers in this matter would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,950 Views)

Hi cbraga,

I’ll look around and see what I can find about channel information file. In the meantime, we do have a DAQmx full version for Linux, but it might not support the hardware you’re using or the flavor of your OS.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-8.0.2/2322/en/

To help me out, can you clarify exactly what information you’re trying gather for the channels?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,915 Views)

Hi Captain_K,

The channel information that is being looked for is stuff like number of AO, AI, and digital channels (maybe including port width), number of PFI signals and their associated ports lines, and information regarding the device counters and the lines they use. Information regarding channel limits would also be nice to have.

In the end anything that helps the program to get a view of the devices capabilities would be incredibly useful, as it would allow for configuration checks, and help to dynamically provide the information needed to create and manage channels and tasks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,906 Views)

Hi cbraga,

Thanks for the update. I haven’t found a useful file to parse through or any useful C function calls either at this point. I’m going to speak with a few fellow engineers here to see if I can come up with something.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,883 Views)