Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected cDAQ-9188 in Measurement & Automation Explorer

Hello,

I try to connect to a cDAQ-9188 device with Measurement & Automation Explorer.

I can find the device because I have its IP address, I can see it in the left treeview, but its icon is set to "disconnected" (see picture)

When I want to reserve the chassis I've got an -88705 error saying that the device is not activated.

I'm using Windows Vista SP2, and I just installed NI-DAQmx 9.3. Measurement & AUtomation Explorer is version 4.8.0f0

Thank you in advance for your support

Greetings

J-D Gasser

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,356 Views)

Hm. Interesting. Network cDAQ devices that have been added to the system should not have that icon.

You said you just installed DAQmx 9.3; were you upgrading from an earlier version? (Note that you'll need to upgrade the firmware on the cDAQ-9188 to 1.1.0 in order to use it with DAQmx 9.3, but that's not the cause of this issue.)

Is there a yellow-exclaimation overlay on the cDAQ-9188 in the Windows Device Manager? If so, what does the 'Device status' field say?

Have you tried removing the device from MAX (right click and select 'Delete') and re-adding it?

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,352 Views)

Hello  bstreiff,

thank you for your answer.

I upgraded DAQmx from an older version, but I can't remember which one. I already upgraded the firmware and you're right it didn't solved my problem.

I didn't had any warn in Windows device manager.

I'm currently uninstalling everything concerning National Instruments from my PC and will do a new "almost clean" install.

I will keep you inform once I finished the new install.

Greetings

J-D Gasser

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,350 Views)

Hello,

I tried to uninstall / reinstall everything concerning National Instruments, but it didn't solved my problem.

I always have the "disconnected" icon in the network devices list.

What is strange is that when I try to reserve the device I have these two messages : (see pictures)

1. "Another system has already reserved the chassis. ... " (translated from french) .. and when I click OK, I receive this second message :

2. "Unable to reserve the chassis. Error -88705 ... " (translated from french)

Does anybody knows how to solve my problem ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,338 Views)

Same issue here...

Its strange that MAX detects the modules... it even updates when I move the modules around...but does not allow me to Reserve the Chassis

And I do have the right firmware... 1.1.0f0

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,312 Views)

The 'another system has reserved the device' error is normal; if you uninstall and reinstall DAQmx, then the device thinks your host is a different instance of DAQmx.

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device? While the device is running (power applied), hold down the reset button for five seconds. The device will then reboot with original settings.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,303 Views)

bstreiff,

Yes... I have tried the reset (hold reset button for >5 sec)... back to the same issue

-Som

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,299 Views)

J-D Gasser,

Do you have any other NI hardware that you can try on the machine?

Does your system detect any other NI DAQmx device? USB cDAQ?

I seem to have the same issue as you on the ethernet cDAQ... but now, I cannot detect my USB-cDAQ device on the machine...

-Som

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,291 Views)

All,

After noticing that even my USB cDAQ chassis was not detected by MAX.

I uninstalled the DAQmx 9.3 driver and re-installed it. This seemed to fix the issue.

I can now detect my USB and ethernet cDAQ chassis.

-Som

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,285 Views)

Hello,

thank you for your answers.

I already tried to deinstall and reinstall everything on my PC with Windows Vista.

I reinstalled all the lastest drivcers and softwares, so I think it's not a problem of version.

What I did yet is to install it on a virtual XP machine and everything works on that machine.

I have to go ahead with the developpement of the software that will use NI hardware, so until I did not found any other solution I will debug on that virtual machine with remote debugging.

But feel free to purpose any other solutions to make Measurement & Automation work on my machine.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,274 Views)