Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinamic data to a string

Is possible get a string from dinamic data like data acquired by DAQ? Such as GetTime/TimeString block that takes the dinamyc data from DAQ an return a string with date and time, but returning the data...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,117 Views)

Maybe.  The Dyanmic Data Type (DDT) is notorious among many experienced LabVIEW users because it completely obscures the structure of the data within it.

So the first question is what kind of data are you acquiring? Is it a single analog point, a waveform, digital, counter, something else?

The next question is what should be in the string?

What will you be doing with the string?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,105 Views)

Ok, the data i´m acquiring is an analog input of current (from 4-20 mA sensor). Then i´m using the string to write into a previously created file, but i need string inputs to write using the Write to spreadsheet file block. Finally, using a while loop structure, i get all analog points i need.

Thanks for the answer, however i tell you i did it using Format into a string block to input dynamic data and rerturn a string with data point.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,077 Views)

@andcp360 wrote:

but i need string inputs to write using the Write to spreadsheet file block.

Use the Array To Spreadsheet String to convert your analog data from an array into a string formated however you need.  You can then just write the string to your text file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,073 Views)

hey...

If you only want to get the raw data, you should convert it first to an array and then the numeric array to string...

hope it helps

contlog.png

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,071 Views)