From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital input maintains at 5V

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have experience a scenario where the digital input channel on my DAQ card is giving 5V when I measure between the channel and ground. As a result, I was not able to read the digital signal. This happned in the past, a few months ago and my work around it is to change to another channel. This time, I'm experiencing the same using my FlexRIO + NI 1483 module. There are four DIO channels and I've configured them so that 2 channels are input and 2 channels are output. Initially, everything worked fine but somehow, last two days, I was not able to read from the DI channels. Upon inspection, we found out that the DI channels (at NI 1483) are giving us 5V. 

I hope somebody could shed some light on why this happens.

Please advice.

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,181 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazlan

have a look at the spec, maybe a pull up resistor?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 4
(4,172 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazlan

Hi,

This may be due to inside pullup resistor. You may need to give GND to DI pin to get digital input.

Check TTL input connection.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
Message 3 of 4
(4,104 Views)

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback. You are right, when we connect the port to a digital signal (originating from another instrument), the 5V is gone. What makes me wonder is why wasn't this behavior appear at the very beginning, when we first wire everything? It was initially 0V when nothing was connected. 

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,075 Views)