Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Filter Timebase

I'm using a PCIe-6351 X-series card with DAQmx 9.7. Currently I'm playing around with the digital bus filter (an awfully under-documented feature) and tried to set the filter timebase source to an unused signal... signal was aquired as before. I then tried to set the source to complete nonsense... again no error at all and the same signal. Is that option a placebo or what is going on?

What I did is something like this, error handling and surrounding code removed:

const char *chan = "/dev1/port0/line0";
[...]
DAQmxSetDIDigFltrTimebaseSrc(taskHandle, chan, "dshfjdskfhjkdsfh");
DAQmxSetDIDigFltrTimebaseRate(taskHandle, chan, 1000.0);

DAQmxSetDIDigFltrMinPulseWidth(taskHandle, chan, 0.00512);
DAQmxSetDIDigFltrEnable(taskHandle, chan, TRUE);
DAQmxSetDIDigFltrEnableBusMode(taskHandle, chan, TRUE);

Regards, Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,005 Views)

do you really need an external timebase source? maybe you could try to use the fixed values  (90 nS, 5.12 µS, 2.56 mS) suggested by the DAQmx help (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466V-01/mxdevconsid/digfiltxseries/) to begin with? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,958 Views)

I develop a signal processing language that uses DAQmx for data aquisition. I have no idea what my users may want to do with it in the end and I don't want to artificially limit them. Also, I'm simply curious. The fixed values might be enough for many use cases, but still I can imagine some developers prefering an external latch signal when it's available by the hardware anway.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,933 Views)