Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between old and new PCI-DIO-96?

We got a couple of new PCI-DIO-96 cards and found that they were not compatible with our old ones. The cards
seemed to work fine when not connected to anything but when connected to our test equipment some of the ports
could not be used as outputs. The cards were used with the exact same computers, drivers, test equipments etc as
the old cards. New drivers didn't solve the problem.

So, the question is: What is the major difference in functionality between new and old cards?

Numbers printed on the old card: 182920F-01, 182922E-01
Numbers printed on the new card: 182920H-01, 182922C-01

The are components (OKI M82C53-2 and TI 7705BC) missing on the new cards compared to the old.

regards
Simon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,864 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,842 Views)

Simon:

This scenario seems very similar to a post I came across about 6 weeks ago. I have searched various terms within the site but could not find the topic. If I remember, NI's newer boards (can't recall the product, but I do think it was the DIO-96) had a couple less chips. A customer had old bords that worked, but the newer ones did not. It turned out in very rare cases depending on the code application, the newer boards would not work. NI has a stash of old boards on hand they were willing to trade for.

You may want to call NI directly about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,841 Views)
Dr Imad beat me to the punch and found the post thread.Smiley Happy
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4