Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I Fry my BNC-2110 or PCIE-6351?

I have been using a BNC-2110 connected to a PCIE-6351 without trouble for over a year.

Today using an external DC power supply, an accidental 40 V and a current of ~0.1 to 1 A was applied to the channel AO-0. I heard a couple shocks and smelled something somewhere but I don't know where.

Now, all AI don't respond to input and AO dont change output. Using the Test Panel feature of NI-Max, the AI sit at -10.3 mV and the AO sit at around 1.0V and won't change based on settings.

Also suspicious is that the device says it is at -49 Celsius, which is certainly not the case.

How can I calibrate this device? How can I tell if the box or the board is fried?

Attached is a screenshot in case it helps. I removed the serial number from the image.

NIMax Device Screenshot_noserial.png

Thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,495 Views)

Hi Cemcc,

If you directly connect an analog input to the PCIe-6351, rather than using the BNC-2110, is there any response?

In general, it does sound as if it has been damaged internally. I would suggest you begin the Return Material Authorization process by following these instructions if you'd like to submit the device for repair. Do note that National Instruments will be closed for business after today until December 27th. 

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,438 Views)