Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining specifications of the PCI-6221

I tried looking at the specifications on the website of the PCI-6221, I can not determine if it has certain signals available. I could not determine if there was an analog output ground (AOGND), external control signal to start timed conversion sequence (EXTTRIG), and external control signal to trigger A/D conversions. These three pins are in use on my current board, and I need to know if they're available on the PCI-6221 I'm going to purchase, or if one of the other pins can be used for the same purpose. Thank you for your help.
Kathleen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,851 Views)
Hello Kathleen,
you can go on the NI site, at adress: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/DD0F3F9A89B8A84886256EE6006D520D?OpenDocument&node=14136_US
and download the "M Series help" files (zip).
After unzip, you can open the help file M_Series_Help.chm, and find all what you want to know (searching words like "pinout", or "I/O connector").
Have a nice day.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,851 Views)
The new M Series boards are a little different, but I think that you will agree that they are better. On E Series, timing and triggering outputs on the 68-pin connector are tied to specific pins and the inputs are programmable, hence PFI (programmable function inputs). On M Series the outputs and the inputs are fully programmable, hence PFI (programmable function interface). The timing and triggering signals on M Series don't have default pins and therefore are not as obvious on the pinout. All of the timing and triggering signals that you describe are available on M Series and you can route them into and out of the M Series board on whatever PFI pin you would like. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,851 Views)