Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Both NI-DAQ and DAQmx Drivers/Software to Target XP machines

Hi,

I have a data acquisition VB6 program, written for the NI-6062E, that's presently being deployed to XP machines.  I am in the process of rewriting the code (still in VB6) so it works with a secondary DAQ card (USB-6212).  For the near-term, my data acquisiton program will need to be compatable with both DAQ cards (however, the NI-6062E will eventually be phased out).  Consequently, I need to update my installer program so that it not only installs the requisite legacy NI-DAQ drivers/software but also installs the DAQmx drivers/software necessary for my USB-6212 to run.

Does anyone else ever faced this challenge?  If so, do you have any documentation that you could refer me to?

Thanks!!

Scott 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,924 Views)

Hi Scott,

What are you currently using to build your installer?

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,898 Views)

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I am using the WiX toolset to build my installer.  Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,801 Views)

Hi Scott,

I'm not too familiar with the WiX toolset, but it seems to me that you should be able to use it to build an installer that includes both NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx. You can have both drivers installed on one computer at once.

I would refer to this FAQ page for more information: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/3021/en/

Specifically, the question "Q: Can I use Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) and NI-DAQmx at the same time?" should shed some light on how the two can work concurrently.

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,783 Views)