Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition with USB-6002 and MATLAB/Simulink

I need to output a voltage ramp to a device (e.g. linear increase from 0V to 5V in 30sec), while capturing the test bench's response to this ramp by logging 2 analog voltage signals. Logging 100 values per second for each channel would be nice. It should be possible to write the captured data to a hard disk for post processing.

As we already have MATLAB/Simulink licences in our lab and I know the software quite well, I'd prefer to use it for capturing and postprocessing the data. However if there is any other software that is easy to use for my purposes, I'd be happy with it. I found out that the current MATLAB version should support the NI USB-6002 device and the specs and cost of the USB-6002 look quite good concerning the accuracy I need.

My question now is if it is possible with the USB-6002 in combination with Simulink to output a voltage ramp and capture the data of two analog input channels with a fixed sample time. I'm not sure whether or not I need some real-time / timer functionality to output the ramp as usually Simulink programms run as fast as the computer can and the simulation time is independend of the real world time. In this setting however, the Simulink time should be synchronised with the real world time somehow.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,147 Views)

Hello tristanschloegl,

how to implement the functionality in Simulink you have to talk to MathWorks.

I found some informations in the web

Data Acquisition in MATLAB

external pdf

Acquire Data Using NI Devices

example code

NI-DAQmx Support from Data Acquisition Toolbox

examples on the right side of the page

Hope it helps

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2