Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DaqMX Trigger Start Delay won't delay data acquisition!

Hello all,

I'm trying to trigger labview to take a finite number of samples from Ai0 based on an internally generated counter (CO Pulse Time).

The sampling triggers perfectly well off the rising edge of the digital signal but although I've added a property node to control the start delay (delay before labview starts acquiring data) this has no effect on when Labview starts to acquire the .  Am I using the property node incorrectly?

Cheers,

Bob

I've attached my code.

The bottom half is where the counter pulse time is generated and the top section is where acquisition from the Analogue input takes place.  I linked the counter output to the analogue input so that I could check what delay I was adding.  I should theoretically be able to delay the trigger so that Labview starts to acquire data after the ~5V counter pulse has stopped but this isn't the case.  It always starts acquiring data immediately when triggered.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,142 Views)
Bob,

Although I have never used that functionality before I've had a look at your code and have a couple of questions.

Is there any particular reason that you are configuring the triggering and delay inside the loop? Normally this config is carried out before the loop is entered and the Task is started. What happens if you place these two functions directly after the DAQmx timing vi, then call a Start Task vi, and then carry out the reading inside the loop?
Message 2 of 5
(3,111 Views)
Couldn't resist trying it out so I've modified your code and attached below. It's in 7.1 format, let me know if you're using different.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,110 Views)
Thanks for that!  It's sorted me out!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,110 Views)
No problem!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,105 Views)