From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC input ranges for NI -9225 and NI-9227

What you really need are the 9227 and 9225 data sheets and read the "Safety" sections.  The section that starts with "Connect only voltages that are within the following limits."

The 9227 will be damaged if the input is greater than 60VDC Ch-Ch or Ch-Earth Ground  Its maximum input range is 5A.  So, that is not a player for your measurements

The 9225 will be damaged if the input is greater than 300Vrms Ch-Earth Ground  So, that is not a player for your measurements.

No NI cDAQ devices meet your requirements- time to go back to the drawing board and see if there is a DMM device that meets your measurement needs.  to get a 1kV range DMM you are looking at a PXI form factor from NI

EDIT:  OK I got roped into responding to the incorrect advice given to the OP.  

@TTP38-  the 9227 is not likely to be the right device.  the NI USB 4065 will do the job though

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 16
(1,256 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,238 Views)

TTP38,

please post a not too short description of your actual task.

Currents migth be measured with a shunt...

What bandwidth do you need? (How fast do you need to measure?)

A DMM (4065) can be used in conjuction with a multiplexer ....

Always a good hint: Pick up the phone and call NI.....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 13 of 16
(1,220 Views)

Hello Henrik_Volker,

Thanks for your response.

I would like use only compactDAQ acquisition modules and if possible avoid the using of shunt. The current measures require if posible at least 1000 ks/s/channel (simultaneous sampling is not necessary). Thanks and good day.

Best regards,

TTP38.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,209 Views)

Sorry, my crystal ball is in recalibration 😉

Again.....

Please tell us ALL your requirements, or better: What is your actual task?

It's annoying to look up specs for you only to get a 'jack ot of the box'  later

Do you really need 1 Megasample/s ??? 

5A AC measurements on a 450VAC can be done with a current transformer..   if DC currents are also needed a LEM-Sensor can be used. Both measure currents with galvanic isolation.

It happens regulary that someone asks for unrealistic requirements (just to make shure that it migth work later 😉 ) but this regulary results in higher costs than needed. So if you can tell us what you actually need to do, we can be of greater help.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 15 of 16
(1,206 Views)

I will try to describe correclty my task. I have 15 electronics devices to test simultaneously. Thus I would like use a CompactDAQ with different acqusition modules (voltage, current, numeric channel). I search one current acquisition module in order to know the electronics devices consumption. My current acquisition module shall:

- Measure DC current with a range of 0 - 500 mA with an acuracy of 0.1 mA (0.01mA if possible)

- Have an acquisition speed of 1000S/s/channel (sorry for my previous mistake)

- The simultaneous acquisition is not necessary

- Have channels as much as possible

- Can be use with the compactDAQ or the compactDAQ acquisition and the acquisition of this module shall be syncronizable.

Thanks for your help and your advices.

Best regards,

TTP38.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,203 Views)