Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxbase Acquire N samples Around Pulse

Hello,

I've been struggling with what should be ostensibly a simple problem.  First off, I am working with DaqMXBase (3.7) on a Macintosh-- I realize this limits my options for potential solutions, however my goal is to construct a cross-platform solution for field research.

I am building a signal recorder for electric fish-- these fishes produce intermittent voltage pulses over time (~10ms or so, about the length of an action potential for those neuro nerds out there!).  I would like to record the waveform of a single pulse, which varies by species.  I have built most of the VI as a state machine in LabView, but have been struggling with how to implement a very simple software trigger to capture these waveforms.

I've set up aqcuisition succesfully of N points ('live data mode'), but what I'd like to do is set a level threshold in this window (at the amplitude of the electric fish signal), and capture a window of n/2 points on either side of the signal where it crosses this threshold.  Seems simple enough, perhaps one of the wise members of the boards can help?

Best,
Jason Gallant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,553 Views)

This sounds like you might want to look into Pretriggered Acquisition. Here is a link with some more information on Data Acquisition Triggering: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4329/en

Section 4B might be useful for you. This is for DAQmx however, so support on this might be limited in DAQmx Base.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,526 Views)