From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx tasks

Is it possible to run multiple DAQmx tasks on a single device at the same time? On a PXI-4204, I need to do a 1 point sample on ai0 every 100ms or so. The timing is not critical on this, so right now I am simply doing a 1 channel 1 point DAQmx AI task every 100ms in a loop. While this loop is running continuously, i need to randomly sample 1000 points at 1000 Hz on ai1 on the same card. When I try to start a second task after either of the two are first running, I get an error.

Is there a way of doign this? These two tasks need to be independent of eachother, but sometimes must run at the same time. This is a simplified version of what my application requires, but if there is a way to do this I can figure out the rest.

I am not too familiar with DAQmx and the 4204 yet, perhaps I am going about this the wrong way. Any input will be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,724 Views)
Hello RedRider. Thank you for contacting National Instruments. You cannot do more than one analog input task at a time. There aren't enough resources on the board to do this, you will have to do them one at a time. You can incorporate more than one analog input into a task, but this won't work with your situation. If you would like to make a product suggestion to do this in the future, click Product Suggestion. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Marni S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,700 Views)