From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx connection diagram from API

Hi

When using MAX, there's always the option to have a look at a neat connection diagram that makes it obvious for anyone how the wiring should be set up (such as here) given a particular task/channel configuration. Is this information available through the NIDAQmx driver? I'm struggling to find anything relevant in the API documentation.

FYI, I'm using USB-6212.

Thanks,

Kristaps

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,690 Views)
The connection diagrams are not part of the DAQmx api.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,683 Views)

Not even just generic information of pairs of terminals that one must use for each channel? Ach well.

I just found that this is all listed in great detail in the user manual (section 3 here). Was just hoping that all the info is already available from the API as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,678 Views)

There are also pinouts for supported DAQ devices in the NI-DAQmx Help, but Connection Diagram is currently only available through MAX and the DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,644 Views)

I was frustrated by this lack of API as well so I dug into the DAQ Assistant code, but couldn't find anything useful since I think the part that actually generates the image is embedded in the application, and isn't native G code.

Still I made an idea on the idea exchange for making this a public API.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Create-an-API-for-the-Connection-Diagram/idi-p/335660...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,871 Views)