Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx connection diagram from API

Hi

When using MAX, there's always the option to have a look at a neat connection diagram that makes it obvious for anyone how the wiring should be set up (such as here) given a particular task/channel configuration. Is this information available through the NIDAQmx driver? I'm struggling to find anything relevant in the API documentation.

FYI, I'm using USB-6212.

Thanks,

Kristaps

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,668 Views)
The connection diagrams are not part of the DAQmx api.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,661 Views)

Not even just generic information of pairs of terminals that one must use for each channel? Ach well.

I just found that this is all listed in great detail in the user manual (section 3 here). Was just hoping that all the info is already available from the API as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,656 Views)

There are also pinouts for supported DAQ devices in the NI-DAQmx Help, but Connection Diagram is currently only available through MAX and the DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,622 Views)

I was frustrated by this lack of API as well so I dug into the DAQ Assistant code, but couldn't find anything useful since I think the part that actually generates the image is embedded in the application, and isn't native G code.

Still I made an idea on the idea exchange for making this a public API.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Create-an-API-for-the-Connection-Diagram/idi-p/335660...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,849 Views)