From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Pressure Reading Issues

Solved!
Go to solution
Please keep it simple. You should be seeing 8 available channels (0-7) because that is how many channels are on the daq device. Do NOT choose a current measurement. Just select differential voltage at this time and see if you get voltage changes. Scaling can be done per the sensor's data sheet but first you need to get a reading on volts.
Message 11 of 14
(1,968 Views)

Sorry Dennis, rookie mistake. I see Ch 0-7 so that's 8 all in all.

In terms of selecting channels I've got 4 wired in - so would I be selecting AI0 AI1 AI2 AI3 and selecting linear? as that's what's I'm needing to see? I do get volt changes on the multimeter as I increass pressure.

What you're saying makes sense, I think working in isolation with it I was confusing myself. It's good to get to air some of it with people that know their way around it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,963 Views)
Solution
Accepted by StuartWotherspoon

StuartWotherspoon wrote:

In terms of selecting channels I've got 4 wired in - so would I be selecting AI0 AI1 AI2 AI3 and selecting linear?

Yep, those are the channels you should be using.  Make sure they are set to differential.

And since you are getting a change in voltage with a change in pressure, it is now time to figure out the conversion.  The manual or spec sheet should have the conversion in it (pressure to mA most likely) which you can then use to make a DAQmx Scale inside of MAX.  You can then apply that scale to your channels and DAQmx Read will give you your pressure measurement.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 14
(1,961 Views)

I will dig out the manual.

What was confusing me was having 8 channels so what to select was getting me. If my resistor is in the right place as you say I just need the conversion to write the scale.

I feel a bit daft as it sounds a little simple now you've talked it through.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,957 Views)