Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Error: Device identifier is invalid.

Solved!
Go to solution
I have NI-6711 DAQ card and just start learning and want to write the programs on Visual C++.
At first I find the example in default directory location: ...\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DAQmx ANSI C.
I have added the include and library files of ...\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include and  ...\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\lib\msvc
But when I run the example program without any code change, there comes the error message: DAQmx Error: Device identifier is invalid.
But it works successfully when I tried to use the Measurement & Automation Explorer to test the card, and output values by the panel.
It should means that I have connect the card and PC correctly.
so I am confused, do I miss any seetings before I run the C program?

Thanks.
ps.
sorry for I just post a same topic of unfinish writing question. I cant find a delete function to delete it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(12,836 Views)

Hi:
    There is one important thing you should check,
    the device name is your promgram must be same with the name in Measurement & Automation      Explorer. For example, if your 6711    DAQ card is named "Dev3" in Measurement & Automation     Explorer, u must use the same name "Dev3" in your program.

NITW JAY

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(12,814 Views)
Thanks JAY,
I only fould my device number in the columns after card name, it should be Dev1 as I thought?
there is the pics of the MAX show:

And I slove my problem, to output value by digital port when I run the Traditional example.
It means that my card is traditional driver edition, but it shuold be Ok to run DAQmx driver to this PCI 6711 card.
What should I download drivers for this card?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(12,785 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cychang0829

HI:

You can download the DAQmx driver in  http://www.ni.com/support/

Before u download the driver, u must check the compatibility between your Labview
 and Windows.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/97D574BB1D1EEC918625708100596848?OpenDocument

NITW AE JAY

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(12,773 Views)
I found "NI-DAQ Driver Support: PCI/PXI Devices" in  Knowlegebase.
And I can download NI-DAQmx 8.7.1 driver for My NI-6711 card.

Thanks JAY again. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(12,744 Views)