Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Base for Mac 64 bit (3.8?) -- when will it come?

Dear Community:

developing with DAQmx Base on Mac OS is fine, in principle. However, it becomes more and more of a pain that the compiler has to work in a 32 bit architecture -- this precludes lots of the modern developments in Xcode et al. The last update to version DAQmx Base, 3.7, was over a year ago. Is there a roadmap?

Thanks & best, Michael,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,347 Views)

On 26 August 2014 Joe Friedrichsen of NI posted to the Info-LabVIEW email list a hint that an upgrade of DAQmx Base is on the way. It did not specifically mention 64-bit of a specific time frame.  Several of the long-time Mac users made if very clear that 64-bit support is important to us.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,326 Views)

Dear Lynn:

Thank you! That turns up my hopes -- won't hold my breath, though :).

Best, Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,323 Views)

Following up on this topic, is there any word on when 3.8 will be available? My issue is I'm trying to get DAQmx Base to work with LabView 2014, and of course 3.7 only supports up to LV2013...  And unfortunately, the previous version of LabView I have available is 2009, which is just old enough that 3.7 won't install on that either so the best I can do right now is 3.6. 

Will a 3.6 install work on LV2014? (Asking in case someone has tried this already and can save me a few hours of fiddling). Or, for that matter, is there some way of tricking the 3.7 installer into working with 2014?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,125 Views)

I've only heard of one person "successfully" doing this.  As a result, he needed to reformat his HDD to get around the corruptions that were created in the installation.

I doubt NI will commit to a date.  Until then, what's preventing you from using Boot Camp as a short term solution?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,109 Views)

Thanks. That's what I sort of suspected, so I'll probably just let sleeping dogs lie until 3.8 is actually released. My main goal has been to get a series of machines which were running disparate LabView versions and other things up to a uniform standard. Not all of the machines are doing things which need NI-DAQ devices; I'll just leave the ones that do running LV2009 until the drivers get updated.  Since it isn't really an urgent situtaiton, Boot Camp is probably overkill (especially since I don't have any spare LV for Windows licenses handy).

At least I've finally managed to retire the PPC machines running LV 8.2...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,103 Views)

Dear Colleagues:

for those who may monitor this forum: a new version has arrived!

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-base-14.0/5060/en/

Big version number jump (from 3.7 to 14.0 :). From the readme it looks as if it supports the 64 bit model und OS X.

I'm really looking forward to testing it. Thanks for now, NI!

Best, Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,905 Views)

Excellent news! The irony is that I got NI to send me a copy of LV2013 so I could run in the interim and FedEx says the delivery is due tomorrow...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,902 Views)