Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx 9172/9477 modules lose PC connectivity

Sounds good, please post back with your results.  If this issue is still showing up in the driver we certainly would like to know about it.
Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 40
(1,972 Views)

Doug,

The bios upgrade did not help. This has happened twice this month as the program was running. The computer was not idle or  hibernating. We have to stop the program and either reboot the chassis or the USB  connection. We have the lasted NIDAQ software installed.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 40
(1,924 Views)

This is a different issue then if it is happening while the computer is turned on.  The CAR was addressing the cDAQ not being recognized at the startup of Windows XP.

Is this happening on multiple PCs?  What modules do you have in the chassis, are there any other chassis you could try with this computer?

Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 40
(1,902 Views)

Doug,

Only one PC. Modules: 9215,9215,9217,9265,9481,9203. I will try another chassis.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 40
(1,885 Views)
Hi, Can you post your code so we can try to reproduce your issue? It shouldn't be the case that code can cause something like this, but I have heard from other users that they have run into similar behavior. If you can narrow it down to the smallest segment of code that will reproduce the error that would help us out. Thanks, Andrew S
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 40
(1,883 Views)

I have a USB 6008 OEM and have recently encountered problems with my application. It runs 24x7 and have had issues with daqmx channels failing during first pass. Once application is closed and opened again, it works. the daq card I am using is pretty basic, but any chance idle system shuts down power to the USB device? Anyone ever reported this issue for USB 600 OEM?

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 40
(1,521 Views)

VeeJay,

Which operating system are you using?  Also, which version of the NI-DAQmx driver do you have installed?  Are you running your application in LabVIEW or is it a distributed executable?  If you’re using LabVIEW, which version is it?  What do you mean by “channels failing”?  Do you get an error message?  When the channels fail, can you still see the USB-6008 in Measurement & Automation Explorer?  Are you using a desktop or a laptop?  Does the computer ever go into an idle state or is it always awake?

There is a setting called “USB Selective Suspend” that is enabled by default on Windows systems that could possibly be causing the communication loss with your device.  Here is a forum post describing how to change this setting: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html .  If this doesn’t fix anything, I would recommend trying different USB ports on your computer.  Updating your NI-DAQmx driver could be another helpful step.

Below is a forum post discussing an issue similar to yours:

The usb-6008 is shutting off while is running - NI Discussion Forums

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/The-usb-6008-is-shutting-off-while-is-running/m-p/1040490/...

Good luck with everything.

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 40
(1,511 Views)

Has there been any updates to this issue?

I have a Lenovo Thinkcenter M series which use to have two USB daq's :  USB-6008 and USB-6525.   PC is running Windoxs XP, LV 2010 and Daqmax 9.1.5.   The USB-6008 would power down sporadically.  The PC would not go into sleep mode nor would a screensaver come on while this happened (all turned off).   I had this problem for over 8 months (resetting the device over 10 times).   The 6525 never had this issue.   I took out the 6008 and replaced it with another daq (ethernet based) two months ago.   Now the 6525 is doing the same thing (5 times in two months) .   The only way to recover the device is two unplug the usb and plug it back in.   I have the windows option not turning the device off as previously suggested and have just been dealing w/ the issue for 10 months now.   Please advise.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 40
(1,491 Views)

I would not give control to USB power settings to Windows. Windows at least Windows 7 has there options to change USB power settings. I unchecked that option and since then have not had issues with USB powering off at random. You would have to go to Device manager on COntrol Panel and change USB power settings. Hope this helps.

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 40
(1,488 Views)

See the attachment.   I changed all of the USB to this once the problem was discovered.  It never helped.  please advise

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 40
(1,486 Views)