Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQam acq con spreadsheet

Hi:

I try to use a sample code to collect some voltage data using PCI6251+BNC2110. I installed DAQ7.3 and  Labview. In measurement and automation, I found the new installed PCI6251 under DAQam device,and add accessory BNC2110 there. It seems no further configurations is needed. However, I can not find the device when I use the wizard to create a channel there. When I  use the old version code to collect the data, it says the driver does not support the new device.

1. Is there a way to import the new driver and make the old version code work?
2. why the device can not be found by labview?

Thanks for your help

fxw
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,626 Views)
Hi fxw-

1.  Assuming your old code was written in Traditional (Legacy) NI-DAQ, there is no way to use the old code with your newer M Series card.  M Series cards are now and will always only be supported by NI-DAQmx.

2.  If the device appears in NI-DAQmx devices in MAX then it should work properly in LabVIEW.  Did you install NI-DAQmx 7.3 before or after installing LabVIEW?  You need to install LabVIEW first and then install NI-DAQ.  Be sure to install support for LabVIEW with the NI-DAQ installation options.  If you need to reinstall then I would suggest an upgrade to NI-DAQmx 7.5 to make sure that all your driver files are up to date.

Can you clarify what you mean by you can not find the device when trying to create channels?  Are there no devices listed or do you not find the BNC-2110 by name?  The same device number from MAX should show up in the DAQ assistant and the card will appear as a PCI-6251 rather than the terminal block itself.

Have you had the same results when running a LabVIEW shipping example?  Try running the  "Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi" example that can be found in the NI Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples) by browsing to Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurements>>Voltage.  Do you see better results?

Thanks-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,606 Views)
Thanks Tom.

I think there should be a device named BNC2010, which is connected to the PCI 6251 card. I did put it in the accessory of PCI6251 card, but it does not show up on the device list. Is it normal?

I will reinstall the DAQ to support labview. Thanks again.

Fxw
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,593 Views)

Hi fxw-

The BNC breakout box will not show up as a seperate device in MAX- only the DAQ card itself should show up, and all channels should created under the DAQ card context without worrying about the BNC portion- it is just a straight-through connection to the DAQ device itself.

Thanks-

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,588 Views)