Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQPad6016 error code10401 in labview7.0

I have installed the software and the DaAQPad6016. I see the DAQPad6016 in MAX. So i know that it is installed. When i run my labview VI the error code 10401 comes up. It says" NI-DAQ LV: The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device (for example, the driver was released before the device was supported), or the device has not been configured using the Measurement & Automation Explorer." What should i do to make this work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,798 Views)
One reason you could receive the unknown device error (-10401) is because LabVIEW obtains all of its hardware handles when it first launches. Therefore if your device was not present or completely installed the instant LabVIEW obtained the handles to the hardware it would return an error. In the case of the PCI devices, it is possible to boot LabVIEW before Measurement and Automation has finished installing the device. Similarly, any USB device installed after LabVIEW has been opened will not be represented in LabVIEW.

All you have to do to correct this problem is close your program, exit LabVIEW, and relaunch LabVIEW after the hardware has been completely installed.

You may also want to ensure that you are using DAQmx and that your device number in MAX matches
up with what you chose in LabVIEW.

Hope this helps,
AnujD.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,798 Views)
Sorry but that didnt help. I think its a problem of the analog input on the daqpad. Every error message i get is analog input related.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,798 Views)
Greetings,

We can still find a solution. What I want you to ensure is that board is working correctly. As you said earlier, the board shows up correctly in MAX. Are you able to run a MAX test panel and correctly view an analog input signal here? If this is working properly, we know your board is working properly.

If this working properly, then how are you programming in LabVIEW? You should be able to use one of ready made examples. How are you programming your board?

Are you getting any other errors?

Regards,
AnujD.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,798 Views)