Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQPad 6052 E Analog Output Timing

I have a pxi 1010 chassis with 7.1Labview and 7.3.1 NI DAQ. I have several programs that I carried over from Labview 6.1 that have analog output timing functions with simultaneous analog input acquisitions. These programs all work as they are supposed to on the pxi 1010 chassis. I recently acquired a daqpad 6052E-IEEE 1394 which came with Labview 7.1 and NIDAQ 7.1). I have upgraded this system to 7.3.1 and have had no luck in getting any of these programs with analog output timing to work properly. Again, these programs work perfectly fine on the 1010 chassis.

The duration of the acquisition is based on the total time of the analog output. The program acquires for the proper duration but the output signal does not follow the times specified in the program. It looks as if the analog output is running the waveform profile on some arbitrary continually changing clock. Shape is repeatable but the time at which it is completed is random.

I was reading in the discussion forums that the DAQPad 6052E is not very compatible with Labview 7.1 and NIDAQ 7.1.X and that this type of timing issue has been related to this. Some people found that these problems went away when they downgraded to Labview 6.1 and NI DAQ 6.9. Is it possible to get these versions of the programs downloaded of the web or order old versions on CD to determine if this problem will go away. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

mmatyas.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,539 Views)
Hi mmatyas,

To verify that the timing problem you're seeing is in fact due to the driver, is there a LabVIEW shipping example program performing similar analog output that you can try (e.g. the Simultaneous AIAO examples)? Also, you may want to run the DaqPad through the E Series Diagnostic Utility to verify the operation of the device.

Using the E Series Diagnostic Utility

If you'd like to try using the NI-DAQ 6.9.3 driver, the following article describes the procedure. Make sure to remove the NI-DAQ7.x driver currently installed first. Then follow the steps from the article below, saving DAQ support to the LabVIEW 7.1 folder.
How Do I Use Older Versions of NI-DAQ (6.9.3) with LabVIEW 7.x?

Thanks,
Lesley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,523 Views)