Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQCard-6036E Will not Self-Calibrate

Good morning,

I am trying to use Calibration Executive to calibrate a DAQCard-6036E.

When the procedure reaches the self-calibrate step, an error code is generated and reads as follows:

Error -200284 occurred at DAQmx Self Calibrate.vi
at step Self Calibration:1
Property: RelativeTo
Corresponding Value: First Sample
Property: Offset
Corresponding Value: 0

Possible reason(s):

Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired.

To wait for the samples to become available use a longer read timeout or read later in your program. To make the samples available sooner, increase the sample rate. If your task uses a start trigger, make sure that your start trigger is configured correctly. It is also possible that you configured the task for external timing, and no clock was supplied. If this is the case, supply an external clock.

Any help in determining if there is something I can do to correct this or if I will need to send it in for repair would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,341 Views)

Hello JustinR.NovaStar,

What version of Windows are you running?  What is the make and model of the laptop that you are running this card on?  What version of DAQmx are you using (the version can be found in NI MAX under Software on the right, then DAQmx).  Were you previously able to self calibrate?

Chris H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,322 Views)

This is my first time ever running one of these cards myself. I have a dual boot PC with WinXP and Win7. Both OS experience the same issue. The PC is a Dell with a PCI card input for PCMCIA cards. I am running DAQmx 9.6.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,316 Views)
What bitness is the os? Add you can see in the readme, the card is not supported on a 64 bit os. Also, as far as I know, NI has never supported pci to pcmcia converters.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,307 Views)

The computer is 32-bit. I don't know how else you would use the card but with an adapter. I have attached a picture of the adapter being used.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,302 Views)
The card was used with laptops with a built-in pcmcia slot, of course.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,293 Views)

I found some previous history of Dell registry errors with self-calibration (though these were with notebooks - they may have some relation).  The previous recommendation from R&D on this issue is to contact Dell and inform them that you have a 16-bit PCMCIA card (being used in a PCMCIA-PCI adapter). It uses interupts, and for whatever reason the interupts are not arriving at the card. Hopefully they can suggest the correct registry edits that can route the interrupts.

There was a previous forum post on XP with 6024E with a similar error - it might be worth some investigation (I do understand that they state in the forum that they do not believe the error to be present in Windows 7):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Error-200284-with-DAQCard-6024E-on-Dell-Latitude-E5510-und...

Chris H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,263 Views)