From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQCard-6036E: External Digital Trigger Failure (PFI0)

I've been trying to trigger a counter on the DAQCard-6036E PCMCIA using an external digital trigger on PFI0 using the Traditional NI-DAQ interface within Visual C++. The code used to allow this triggered counter to operate off a digital input operates successfully on an NI 6052E multifunction DAQ card. The trigger used as an input is a 20 Hz pulse that is active low.

Are there problems with using the DAQCard-6036E in this way?

I have two NI information sources on this card. The first is the datasheet of the "Portable E Series Multifunction DAQ" group. This seems to indicate that there are no problems using external digital triggers on these ports.

I also have the document: "NI 6034E/6035E/6036E Family Specifications." This seems to indicate the converse. Within the "Triggers" setting, it lists "External Sources" and enumerates the PFI and RTSI ports, but then says "except DAQCard."

Which of these indications is correct? Is this the cause of my difficulties with this card, or am I misreading one of these datasheets?

Thanks,
Rob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,735 Views)
DAQCards do have PFI lines, but do not have RTSI lines. Your external trigger should work the same way on the 6036 as they do on the 6052. Something else must be wrong with your setup.

I hope this helps!
gus....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,731 Views)
Hi,

Gus's was correct in explaining that the board has PFI lines to be used a trigger, but not RTSI lines. Are you still having problems? If so, please explain in more detail what is happening. Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,718 Views)