Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ ethernet connection problem

Regards,

I am having a problem with my ethernet DAQ (NI 9184), my system was able to communicate with my device by NI MAX but suddenly the connection dropped and became very unstable. I made a pair of tasks to read some data from a sensors connected to a current input module (NI 9203) however the tasks cannot be succesful due the connectivity problem.

I saw at the beginning that my NI 9184 turns on both Power and Status led, but now the status led doesnt turn on. I checked the ethernet cable, the port and network settings but these still being the same before the problem appears.

I am suspecting that the ethernet card of my DAQ has been damage. Because sometimes is able to connect but most of the time the problem is there.

What can i do to confirm my suspicions? I attached some screenshots when i tried to reset the device (It appears on network device list of MAX) and to reserve it.

Hope you can help my!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,319 Views)

Hi andcp360.

Thanks for using the NI forums. What’s the distance between your cDAQ 9184 and your switch or router? Have you tried a different port in your switch/router or with a different router? When you mentioned “my system was able to communicate with my device by NI MAX but suddenly the connection dropped and became very unstable” do you mean that your system was running an application? Could you please also make sure that you don’t have any active firewalls running in your PC?

Regards,

Luis C

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,300 Views)

Yes i made an application with labview that was working well. The distance between DAQ and router is about 10 ft (3 m). The system works for 2 months and about two weeks ago it stared to fail. I made a lot of tests, using another switch (router), connecting DAQ in a direct port, changing ethernet cable to finally trying to recognize the device using NI MAX and having the same connection problem. There is no active firewalls as the PC configuration remain the same at the time i have no problems. Previously NI MAX  perfectly recognize my device without droppings and the tasks in my app worked as well.

I have no idea what is going on unless it is a phisycal damage in ethernet card on my device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,282 Views)

No replies? :S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,219 Views)

I trust the 3m you're counting is the length of the cable and not the actual distance.

What else is on this network?  Has the traffic remained constant or did more things start taking place lately that could cause connection issues?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,190 Views)