Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ data format problem,not same in each file

Environment: PCI-6052E,Labview6.1 and Windows 2000.

I am running a continuous DAQ with external scan clock and external channel clock(for acuracy), scan rate=200 scan/s, collecting data on 3 channels. AI read.vi outs data as scaled data ->passed through "Array to spreadsheet string.vi"->then saved through Write file.vi. Program is running fine, a data file is saved every 20 seconds, all the data files have the same size.

I need to run a program in Linux to convert those data files one by one to some special format file. I copy those files to Linux machine and convert those data files one by one for test before I do a script to run this process automatically.

Now the problem is: when I try to convert some files, some are converted without problem in Linux environemnt, some cannot. So it means the Linux program is OK, the problem is those DAQ data files are not exactly same format.
I think it cannot be because of the EOL difference or ASCII file difference in Windows and Linux platform since some can be converted in Linux. But when I view all the data files in Excel, I don't see any format difference in those files, I don't see any data missing or blank. What to do?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,426 Views)
Hi May Lee!

I honestly believe that it is something in your conversion algorithm. I would suggest looking at a file that is able to be converted and a file that is not able to be converted. Are you looking for specific tokens/characters or anything that may not always be there in every file? Like I said, I would check the conversion algorithm and step through it in order to debug it.

Hope this helps!

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,405 Views)