Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ comunication problem

Hi,

I have made a application using LabVIEW that must read data from a DAQ (NI cDAQ-9184 and current module NI 9203) using tasks from NI MAX. I run the app at Windows starup, but sometimes when the app starts the comunication betwen DAQ and NI MAX is incomplete (The chassis is always turn on) and my app reads zeros when actually the module always receives a signal (4-20mA) from sensors. Then i must to open NI MAX and refresh the chassis or run some task and stop it to run my app again to obtain correct data. I need that app works without user interaction.

I hope you can help me... Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,774 Views)

You likely have a weird race condition.  In essense, you are starting the application before any of the NI services start up to help you application.  You need some type of delay before you application starts.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,756 Views)

Ok, i will try. I think you right and my application probably runs before the device monitor...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,727 Views)

Hello andcp360,

We could try with a VI to search for the module 9203, and once the module was detected, run your application and then close itself.

I share with you a VI that could be useful, just change the values ​​of the VI, set them as default values and build your application.

Let me know if this works for you, best regards.
David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
Message 4 of 5
(3,662 Views)

Thanks!

Finally, i only made a little delay in my app and then read the signals every 5 seconds...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,656 Views)