cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Recommendation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

My adviser has tasked me with gathering parts to build two new controller boxes for our lab. Currently we have one controller box using two USB-6009s that records and controls 2 mass flow rates, opens and closes 8 valves, and records 2 pressures within the system. Our new control box should also do these tasks, as well as control an additions 4 valves, for a total of 12.

Based on this I believe our new DAQ card should have 2 analog outputs, at least 4 analog inputs, and 12 DI/O. As I understand the USB-6009s are a much older product, and so we would like to purchase something that is more up to date. I'm fairly new to all this so if someone could recommend a product I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WestonS

You might get away with a USB-6001.  Double check all of the specifications (I just looked to find number of AI, AO, and DIO).

If a professional setting, I would lean towards a 9147 with whatever C-series modules I needed.  The 9147 is an Ethernet chassis that uses an FPGA for all of the IO control.  Then you just send whatever settings you need from the PC and the FPGA will be in full control, even if the PC decides to crash, get sluggish for unknown reasons (which Windows likes to do randomly).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(2,426 Views)