Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ PCI-6251 Does not work with LV 6.1

Hello,

I just purchased a 6251 Daq card, and I am using Labview 6.1.  I installed the software as per the instructions, and the card is not recognized by Labview.

1.  MAX finds the board, but only lists it under NI-DAQmx and there is not a listing for it under the Traditional NI-DAQ.  (There is not even a listing furr NI-DAQ under the hardware. )  Traditional NI-DAQ is shown under the software section.)

2.  Using MAX, the board functions and captures data using the test panel.

What am I missing?

-- brett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,710 Views)
Hi bfrymire,
The PCI-6251 is not supported by Traditional DAQ, only by DAQmx. You will need to install the DAQmx driver to be able to use this card. The DAQmx CD should have been packaged with your card.
Hope this helps

Edit: Typos

Message Edited by DavidT on 07-12-2005 05:23 PM

Message Edited by DavidT on 07-12-2005 05:24 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,704 Views)

Thanks David,

I have installed the software as per the CD.  I believe the problem, is that the card is not supported with Labview 6.1.  The manual states that NI-DAQmx is not supported by Labview 6.1, and that you have to use traditional NI-DAQ, which does not seem to work with the 6251. 

So, it appears I can't use this card with 6.1.  Can someone verify that?

Thanks for your help.

-- brett

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,697 Views)
According to this link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D71534B93E1FF62D86256F70005A040C?OpenDocument, you are correct. You can only use DAQmx with LV7.0 or greater.
Im not sure what other workarounds may be available to use this board with LV6.1. Sorry!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,689 Views)