From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Analog Output using Matlab Script

Hello everyone

I'm trying to generate an analog output with a DAQ USB-6008, generating some unusually waveform  using a matlab script but i get some troubles, (i'm also reading  the  signal with an Analog input of the same DAQ)  i can't write the waveform to the output of the DAQ. First I try using a "simulate signal VI" and everyting was right, but when a tried to write the values of 1D array generated in the script it doesn't work. I'm learnig Labview since yesterday and i realy need some help 😕  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,383 Views)
Why would you be using Matlab?

In any case, you can't write a waveform or an array to the 6008. As had been discussed numerous times, you can only write a single point at a time because the 6008 only has software timed analog output. You would have to place the DAQmx Write inside a for loop that auto-indexes the array. Timing is achieved with a wait function. The timing is going to be slow and subject to considerable jitter due to Windows.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,376 Views)